Thursday, October 14, 2010

Birthday Blues


Yesterday, October 13th was my 25th birthday. And it was actually my first birthday that I spent far from my family and my best friends. I am already someone who is never that happy inher birthdays. Each birthday has been – I don’t know why – a blue day for me. I always feel like I want to cry on my birthdays. (Maybe because that’s exactly what I was doing when I was borned, I just go back to that moment)
But since I was away from my loved ones this year, it was even more of a sad day for me. I didn’t want to wake up, I didn’t want to go out I just wanted to be with myy family whom I’ve already been missing for 2 months now. 

However the fact that I had my first mid-term in my grad studies in Boston, on my birthday, it forced me to go out to the library to study for it. It was in a way some kind of distraction for me in terms of my sad birthday psychology. 

When I got off the T in Park street and realized how good the weather was, I decided not to go to the library to study, but lay on the grass of Boston Common and do my readings there. Boston Common, Boston’s largest park which is right in the heart of city, is such a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the nature especially when the weather is good. With squirrels all around you, it’s so delightful to relax even when you’re in the middle of the city life.  



I layed there on the grass, enjoying the sun and of course studying at the same time, I thanked Boston one more time for being such a beautiful city giving me opprtunity to overcome that joyless mood of my birthday and concentrate  on studying instead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment