Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Home sweet home!


The first thing when you have to talk about a new life would be starting from what you call home, I guess. For me, as such a homelover, having a peaceful and warm home is more important than anything else. 

When you move to a new city (in my case even to a new country) deciding for the best place to find an apartment is one of the most challenging steps. After being an – almost – 24 hour user of Craigslist for a few weeks, I found my current apartment in Cambridge.

Before coming here, Cambridge for me was nothing more than a city which had the glorious Harvard University. It is hard to believe how a place that you have no idea about and that you could never think that would be so important for you, suddenly becomes your home!



I’m living on the second floor of a lovely, blue house in Cambridge. As you can see from the pictures, it is far from being one of those tall buildings where you hardly recognize your neighbors. My apartment in Istanbul, for example, was on seventh floor of  a 8 floory building. Therefore, this one for me is quite different.

I’m getting used to my neghborhood as well. Although very silent generally, places where you can meet other people and have fun are in Davis Square which is in walking distance to my place. Bedore moving here, when I checked the nearest T ( For those who don’t know: this is what metro is called in Boston ) I was thrilled to see that it was the station that was one before the last on red line. Since, my classes were all in central Boston, this seemed a little bit discouraging in the beginning but once I tried commuting, it turned out to be not so scary at all!

I realized that Boston has this character which wears a different mask in its any different neighborhood. Davis Square has also a very lively, yet not exhausting atmosphere that makes you like living there.
I guess I like my home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment